Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY Feather Headband

These head bands arent new, but I'm still excited to have finally made a couple myself. When browsing through Michael's, I found a couple feather pieces that were basically ready to go. All I had to do was attach them to something. Since often regular headbands can hurt my head, I opted for the stretchy elastic ones. If these are the type you go with, be sure that you get the no-slip kind!

Cut yourself a piece of felt that matches the shape of your piece. Heat up the glue gun!

Lay out a strip of hot glue across your feather piece and carefully press the elastic band across it. Let set and cool a minute or two.

Apply glue to the felt all the way around the edges and throughout the center. Flip, and carefully press onto the back of the feathers and over the band.

Here's all the steps shown:







With the thin band, it looks more like a fascinator than an actual head band.
C'mon girls! Lets bring back the hats and fascinators of days past! hehe


Happy Project Thursday!

Loves!
~Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment