Wednesday, February 22, 2012

S.S. Question Mark : Week 7

Last week I didnt feel as if I could do a soul searching post because I wasnt in my new positive outlook. I didnt think it would appropriate to tell others to be happy when I was not. Though things arent fairing tons better, I feel more equipped to be able to do so.

What is your biggest regret?

I am not a huge believer of regret. At one point, it was what you wanted. Instead you must learn from it. Sometimes it could be something that you didnt really can control over. You can be saddened or hurt that it happened, but again, you must learn from it.

If I did have to chose one thing though, it would be letting who I was disappear. Your identity is your most valuable and nearly sacred "possession".

Sometimes when you're going through a transition period in your life you may be upset because you feel lost or feel like you've lost who you are.

Everyone gets a little lost here and there. Sometimes you make a U-turn, sometimes you take a left or a right, or sometimes you even just keep on marching forward. Not every step is a wrong one or the direction you chose is wrong. You were brought to that crossroads for a reason. These are what helps you learn and develop yourself as a person.

BUT...

That doesnt always mean you made the right choice for yourself. I know, it seems contradictory.  If you've made a "wrong" choice, but it ended up bettering yourself because you learned from it and realized that that was indeed not what you want for your life..then there's not really a reason to regret it.

Dont worry though, you wont be lost forever!

"A person meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." ~ Jean de la Fontaine
So dont be afraid!

"If you arent sure who you are, you might as well work on who you want to be." ~ Robert Brault
Just go for it, dive in!

Hurting others is certainly another that I regret but I always try to make up for...I've known enough pain that I would never want anyone else to experience it. (I try to abide by the Golden Rule.) Its something I feel people have forgotten in recent years. Everyone seems so angry and afraid. =/

Keep your chin up! Even if it's baby steps, keep or start taking the steps you need to make to better yourself and your life.

Loves!
~Kels


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the "soul searching" type questions each week. That's one of the reasons I chose you for a blog award. You can find it here: http://southernbelleasanarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award-plus-few-things-that.html

    Have a great week, Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! This section is so important to me cause of all that I've been through and I know that everyone goes through many variations of the same things and I'd love to be able to help others not go through the same pain I have.

      ~Kels

      Delete