Wednesday, February 8, 2012

S.S. Question Mark : Week 6

As with most soul searching type questions, there's a secondary question that goes along with another. * Here * we can see last week's question to be able to answer today's :

What do you have to do to make that change happen?

Sometimes what you have to do can be hard. Sometimes it can feel scary. Its always far easier to think about what would be nice to change than it is to do what is necessary to change.

Most often, for myself at least, is the first step; knowing what it is, not over thinking it, and getting over the fear of failure to be able to take that step.

"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want." ~ Ben Stein

If what you decided last week that you want to change is that important to you or close to your heart, the fear wont matter. You'll be willing to take that leap. I'm still learning that not everything can be dictated by my fear of failing. Things may not have turned out how they were "supposed" to in my life thus far, but I have not failed because I have not given up. I may have had to sit and wait for a while, but that didnt mean I was being lazy or that I was being complacent to what was going on around me. I had prayed for more patience, and boy did I get a major lesson in it!

Even though I dont know how things are going to turn out, I am no longer so worried about being a "failure" that it consumes and runs my actions. How could I show my children how to live their lives and chase their dreams if I myself were too afraid to do it myself? How could I encourage others-especially those who have been through similar things to myself- to do it if I couldnt? There must be more actual action and less talk/thinking about what actions that must be taken to make changes in your life, otherwise your life will pass you by.

Fear Not and Happy Searching!

Loves!
~Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment