Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

One recipe that I have been asked for the most are Cheddar Bay Biscuits...better known as Red Lobster Biscuits. I finally decided its only fair to finally share!! ;)

4 tbsp cold butter. You can either cut up your butter into pea sized bits....

Or you can use a pastry cutter to "cut" the butter into pea sized bits in 2 1/2 cups of Bisquick.
Add a heaping cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Next add 1/4 tsp garlic powder. (Yeah, I usually use a wee bit more than that.)
Start with 3/4 cup milk. You can add a little at a time after that until it mixes. I usually end up using a smidge over a cup.

You could probably get more out of a regular batch...but I'm not going to want to have to keep going back for more when it comes to these. =)
Put in oven preheated at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
In the mean time you can prepare what you'll brush on top of the finished biscuits.
This I dont actually measure... but it's safe to go with 2-3 tbsp butter.
Approx 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp parsley flakes, and a pinch of salt. (I never thought it would, but the parsley makes sooo much difference!! And as before, I use a little more garlic.)
Melt- about 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
Almost ready...
Ohhhh yeaahhh...Couldnt even refrain from immediately taking a bite!

This could also be made in loaf form. Simply dump the whole ball of dough in a loaf pan. Its been quite some time since I've made it this way, but I started with the 15-17 minutes and then added time until it was done. You can then brush the garlic butter topping over the loaf or save it for each individual piece.

One last thing!! This I have very successfully made gluten free. All you have to do is swap your regular Bisquick for the GF Bisquick. You also swap butter for shortening I believe. My dad usually gets pretty excited when I make some for him!!

Happy Eatin'!!

Loves!
~Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment