Thursday, March 22, 2012

S.S. Question Mark : Week 9

* Week 8 *'s question is good to keep in mind while considering this week's question:

What would I like to learn?

You learn a TON of things throughout your life, but what is something specific you want to learn? It could be something that's purely for hobby like how to knit or play golf; it could be something deeper.

One thing simply for "hobby" is to learn a new language fluently. OK..more like 6 or 7 languages! For some reason I've very drawn to learning Russian...even though I dont know anyone else who speaks it or really have the need for it except I'd like to visit some day. Learning more languages would certainly give me more of a reason to visit their native lands, right? Right! =)

Something more deep I'd like to learn is how to be a better person and live up to the standards I have set for myself. You have to examine yourself sometimes and ask yourself, "What could I be doing better?" It could be anything. That comes from some place a bit deeper within yourself. When it comes to my standards I'll admit that some of them can be a bit absurd and completely unrealistic. I'm not really going to be able to be the love child of Marilyn Monroe and June Cleaver. Haha! So using them as an example, I would have to choose certain aspects from each woman and see if they match up to what I actually want, see if its something I could realistically achieve.

There's no need to set yourself up for failure!! There's going to be more "failure" in your life than you'll ever want, so always try to be real with yourself. We see this a lot when it comes to desired body images. I would NEVER be able to be a model. For one I'm too darn short. Secondly...I want to look like a real woman, not like I havent yet hit puberty. Would I love to be able to wear clothes they can, you're darn tootin' I would! But that isnt me and its so not even in my genetics to come close! Its a common and superficial example, but it can more or less apply to any sort of goal you have for yourself.

Ultimately make it a goal to learn to be yourself and be happy with who you are!=)

* Week 8 *'s question is good to keep in mind while considering this week's question:
Happy Searching!

Loves!
~Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment