Wednesday, March 7, 2012

S.S. Question Mark : Week 8

Everyone has something in their life that they are striving for…but when do you stop? This week we have an age old question:

What does success mean to you?

There has to be a point where you stop. (Yes, I know you have to work to maintain what you’ve succeeded in.) But that is up to your personal definition of success. A lesson I’ve learned that I think pretty much applies to everyone would be to learn contentment. You have to be happy with what you have. For me, success would be reaching a goal I have set for myself and being pleased and content with the outcome.

Sometimes you reach a goal….and you are definitely not happy with what has come of it. That may mean that your desire has changed or that something you were working for doesn’t actually work for you. Instead of getting angry and resentful about it, be content that you’ve figured out what doesn’t work for you. Sometimes you don’t even realize what you truly want until you’ve gone through enough things that don’t work for you and you figure out what you DON’T want. It seems backwards…but I’ve learned a lot of things that way. I always thought I was a huge failure at a ton of things until I redirected my mindset to see that those things were simply lessons in what I don’t want or don’t work for me and my life-Especially now with children.
Its pertinent to separate your wants from your needs. Naturally there will be lots of things you “want”, like that new huge flat screen TV, but do you “NEED” it? Is it going to feed you or give you shelter? Nope.

Although I live at home with my parents and want my children and I to have our own home, I am content where I am while still having the drive and intent of getting us a home. As much as I’d like to be laying out on the beach in Rio de Janeiro, I am happy just having the warm sun on my face on this beautiful day...and watching the movie Rio. (hehe) There’s always something “bigger and better” that we desire, but we still have to try to love our daily reality. It helps you to appreciate those very special occasions when you get to partake in parts of your fantasy. Success is being happy. =)
You can click * here * to see Week 7's question.  
Happy Searching!

Loves!
~Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment